|Last Date for Submission of Completed Application Form||July 18th, 2022|
|Interview and Admission Decision||July 21st, 2022|
|Last Date for payment of admission fee||July 29th, 2022|
|Reporting at the ICFAI University for submission of certificates and verification by producing originals and registration||July 29th, 2022|
|Payment of First Semester Fee||On or before July 29th, 2022|
|Commencement of Preparatory Classes||August 01th - 15th, 2022|
|Commencement of Regular Classes||August 08th, 2022|
Masters of Travel and Tourism Management (MTTM Program)
The Masters of Travel and Tourism Management (MTTM) Program prepares students for managerial positions as required by the Tourism Industry, which is one of the fastest growing industry in the world. It has found a place in generating massive foreign exchange revenue. The program will equip students with entrepreneurship skills in the field of tourism administration.
Pass in Graduation in any discipline with 45% and above aggregate marks.
Final year degree students awaiting results are also eligible to apply.
Program Structure :
The MTTM Program is organized into 4 semesters in 2 years. There are 27 courses including Soft Skills and Management theses.
Students are additionally required to go through a Summer Internship after the second semester.
*Foreign Language Course :
French or German (to be decided by the University on availability of Faculty)
|MTTM Program Structure|
|Year||Semester - I||Semester - II|
|I||Business Communication||Tourism Research Methods|
|Organizational Behavior||Heritage Management|
|Financial Management||Tourism and Travel Management|
|Information Technology for Tourism Management||Marketing for Tourism|
|Principles of Tourism||Planning in Tourism|
|History of Tourism||Trends in Tourism|
|Geography of Tourism||Ecology of Tourism|
|Tourism Economics||Tourism in India|
|Year||Semester - III||Semester - IV|
|II||Tourism Ethics||Internship cum Project with submission of Management Thesis - II|
|Human Rights and Tourism||-|
|Tourism in North East India||-|
|Foreign Language Course* (any one)||-|
|Elective - I||-|
|Elective - II||-|
|Elective - III||-|
|Elective - IV||-|
|Management Thesis - I||-|
Event Tourism, Tourism and Globalization, Tourism and Sustainability, Cultural Tourism, Tourism Products, Health Tourism, Services Marketing.
The Admission Modalities are with reference to the campus-based programs offered by the ICFAI University Meghalaya at Tura & Shillong campuses. The medium of instruction is English.
Pass in Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University with at least 45% marks. Final year degree students awaiting results are also eligible to apply.
For the purpose of determining eligibility based on aggregate percentage of marks, the procedure used by the respective university in award of the degree will only be taken into consideration. All applicants should have completed a minimum of 15 years of formal schooling by July 18th , 2022. Applicants who have completed their graduation on a one-time sitting basis or on a 2-year basis are not eligible for admission to the MBA / M.Com / MTTM / MCA / MA Programs.
Students in their final year bachelor’s degree course are also eligible to apply, provided they complete their graduation requirements including practical examinations/viva assignments before July 18th , 2022. Such applicants will have to produce a certificate to that effect at the time of admission. The admission of applicants will, however, remain provisional until they produce mark sheets and a degree certificate establishing their eligibility. The registration of the candidates not meeting the criteria / non-submission of graduation transcripts by September 15th , 2022 will be cancelled and admission fee will be forfeited and only 50% of the semester fee will be refunded after notifying the cancellation of the seat by the University.
Spot admission will be given to deserving students.
Admission Criteria :
- The selection of applicants into the Program is made through screening of application and interview. While evaluating students for admission, due weightage is given to their academic distinction, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra co-curricular activities.
- Original certificates and Domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of payment of first semester fee. The original certificates will be returned after verification.
Special Reservation :
- There shall be a special provision for admission of students belonging to the State of Meghalaya in any course of ICFAI University, Meghalaya, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) per cent of seats in each course / discipline subject to the students meeting the minimum qualifying requirements referred to above.
- Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to students belonging to Open Category.
Guidelines on how to Complete the Application Form :
The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.
Application Form :
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in Capital Letters.
- Provide all the available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
- DD for Rs. 300.
Attested Copies of Certificates :
Applicants have to enclose attested copies of the following certificates (Attestation should be done by any Gazetted Officer/Principal of the College).
- Date of Birth Certificate/Class X Certificate.
- Marksheet of Class XII/Degree certificate (as may be applicable).
- Domicile Certificate.
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities.
- Please paste your recent passport size colour photograph on the Application Form given on next page.
Submission of Application Form :
The completed Application Form for Admission along with a Demand Draft for Rs. 300 (drawn in favour of ‘The ICFAI University, Meghalaya - Fee Collection A/c’) may be submitted to:
The Admissions Officer,
The ICFAI University, Meghalaya,
Tura Campus :
Danakgre,(Near BSF Camp), PO Araimile,
Phone : 9612885981, 8014241976
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.iumeghalaya.edu.in
Shillong Campus :
Near Shillong Law College,
Phone : 0364-2220057, 9485158603, 8794250646
E-mail : email@example.com
Website : www.iumeghalaya.edu.in
Admission Fee :
Admission Fee of ₹12,000 for PG Programs is to be paid by all the selected candidates immediately after the admission decision is announced.
*Foreign students have to pay an admission fee of ₹14,000 for PG Programs. The last date for payment of admission fee is July 21, 2021.
Caution Deposit (Refundable):
Students have to pay Rs. 5,000 for PG Programs as Caution Deposit along with the first installment of Program Fee. The Caution Deposit will be refunded without interest after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the Program.
Program Fee :
Students have to pay the program fee at the beginning of each semester, as per the due dates which will be indicated in the Student Handbook. The first semester fee is to be paid on or before July 31, 2021.
|Processing fee / Admission fee
(in Indian Rupees)
|FEE per annum (In Indian Rupees)|
Note : All payments should be made by way of Demand Draft in favor of "The ICFAI University, Meghalaya - Fee Collection A/c" payable at Tura / Shillong, Meghalaya.