|Last Date for Submission of Completed Application Form||June 20th, 2022|
|Interview and Admission Decision||June 28th, 2022|
|Last Date for payment of admission fee||July 11th, 2022|
|Reporting at the ICFAI University for submission of certificates and verification by producing originals and registration||July 14th - 15th, 2022|
|Payment of First Semester Fee||On or before July 20th, 2022|
|Commencement of Preparatory Classes||July 25th - 29th, 2022|
|Commencement of Regular Classes||August 01th, 2022|
Bachelor of Travel & Tourism Management
Tourism is one of the world’s fastest growing industries as well as the major source of foreign exchange earnings and employment for many developing countries. Tourism is vital to the well being of many countries, because of the income generated by the consumption of goods and services by tourists, the taxes levied on businesses in the tourism industry and the opportunity for employment and economic advancement by working in the industry. The Bachelor of Travel & Tourism Management (BTTM) Program is designed in such a way to prepare students for such managerial positions as required by the industry. The program will also be beneficial for those who wish to start their own business in the field of tourism/hospitality sectors.
Pass in Class XII (any discipline)
Students awaiting results are also eligible to apply.
Program Structure :
The BTTM program consists of 44 courses covered in 8 semesters spread over 4 years. Students are additionally required to do 2 summer internships at the end of Year I and Year II respectively and an Internship in the 7th semester.
Elective Streams :
During 7th semester, students are exposed to elective courses in their respective area of specialization. The actual offering of electives will however, depend on optimal number of students opting for the same elective.
|BTTM Program Structure|
|Year||Semester - I||Semester - II|
|I||English Language Skills - I||English Language Skills - II|
|Introduction to Tourism Industry||Tour Organization|
|Geography of Tourism||Hospitality in Tourism|
|Heritage & Culture of India||Introduction To Marketing Management|
|Principles of Management||Research Methods in Tourism|
|Fundamentals of Finance & Accounting||Economics of Tourism|
|Summer Project - I|
|Year||Semester - III||Semester - IV|
|II||TRW||Global Trends in Tourism|
|Tourism Planning & Policies||Soft Skills|
|Tourism Law||Human Resources Management|
|Entrepreneurship In Tourism||Event Management|
|Computer Application in Tourism||Organizational Behavior|
|Travel Management||MICE Management|
|Summer Project - II|
|Year||Semester - V||Semester - VI|
|III||Ecology in Tourism||Sustainable Tourism Development|
|Ticketing Techniques & CRS||Overview of Tourism in NE India|
|Foreign Language Course||Services marketing|
|Front Office Management||Elective - I|
|Sustainable development of Eco-Tourism in NE India||Elective - II|
|Introductory Psychology||Elective - III|
|Year||Semester - VI||Semester - VIII|
|-||Tourism Products of|
|-||Elective - IV|
|-||Elective - V|
The program structure is subject to periodic review.
Tourism In India, Surface Transport Operation, Airline & Cargo Operations, Adventure Tourism, International Tourism Management, Human Rights in Tourism.
The Admission Modalities are with reference to the campus-based programs offered by the ICFAI University Meghalaya at Tura & Shillong campuses. The medium of instruction is English.
- Pass in Class XII (any discipline). Students awaiting final examinations results are also eligible to apply.
- Students of Class XII who have not received the original certificates from the Board by July 18th , 2022 will be admitted provisionally. Their admission will be confirmed subject to their passing the qualifying examination. The registration of the candidates not meeting the criteria by September 15th , 2022 will be cancelled and admission fee will be forfeited and only 50% of the semester fee will be refunded after notifying the cancellation of the seat by the University.
Admission Criteria :
- The selection of applicants into the Program is made through screening of application and interview. While evaluating students for admission, due weightage is given to their academic distinction, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra co-curricular activities.
- Original certificates and Domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of payment of first semester fee. The original certificates will be returned after verification.
Special Reservation :
- There shall be a special provision for admission of students belonging to the State of Meghalaya in any course of ICFAI University, Meghalaya, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) per cent of seats in each course / discipline subject to the students meeting the minimum qualifying requirements referred to above.
- Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to students belonging to Open Category.
Guidelines on how to Complete the Application Form :
The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.
Application Form :
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in Capital Letters.
- Provide all the available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
- DD for Rs. 300.
Attested Copies of Certificates :
Applicants have to enclose attested copies of the following certificates (Attestation should be done by any Gazetted Officer/Principal of the College).
- Date of Birth Certificate/Class X Certificate.
- Marksheet of Class XII/Degree certificate (as may be applicable).
- Domicile Certificate.
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities.
- Please paste your recent passport size colour photograph on the Application Form given on next page.
Submission of Application Form :
The completed Application Form for Admission along with a Demand Draft for Rs. 300 (drawn in favour of ‘The ICFAI University, Meghalaya - Fee Collection A/c’) may be submitted to:
The Admissions Officer,
The ICFAI University, Meghalaya,
Tura Campus :
Danakgre,(Near BSF Camp), PO Araimile,
Phone : 9612885981, 8014241976
E-mail : email@example.com
Website : www.iumeghalaya.edu.in
Shillong Campus :
Near Shillong Law College,
Phone : 0364-2220057, 9485158603, 8794250646
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.iumeghalaya.edu.in
Admission Fee :
Admission Fee of ₹6,000 for UG Programs is to be paid by all the selected candidates immediately after the admission decision is announced.
*Foreign students have to pay an admission fee of ₹7,000 for UG programs. The last date for payment of admission fee is June 28, 2021.
Caution Deposit (Refundable):
Students have to pay Rs. 3,000 for UG Programs as Caution Deposit along with the first installment of Program Fee. The Caution Deposit will be refunded without interest after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the Program.
Program Fee :
Students have to pay the program fee at the beginning of each semester, as per the due dates which will be indicated in the Student Handbook. The first semester fee is to be paid on or before July 20, 2021.
|Processing fee / Admission fee
(in Indian Rupees)
|FEE per annum (In Indian Rupees)|
Note : All payments should be made by way of Demand Draft in favor of "The ICFAI University, Meghalaya - Fee Collection A/c" payable at Tura / Shillong, Meghalaya.