|Last Date for Submission of Completed Application Form||June 20th, 2022|
|Interview and Admission Decision||June 28th, 2022|
|Last Date for payment of admission fee||July 11th, 2022|
|Reporting at the ICFAI University for submission of certificates and verification by producing originals and registration||July 14th - 15th, 2022|
|Payment of First Semester Fee||On or before July 20th, 2022|
|Commencement of Preparatory Classes||July 25th - 29th, 2022|
|Commencement of Regular Classes||August 01th, 2022|
Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA Program)
The Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) program provides a sound academic base in computer skills and applications from which an advanced career in computer applications can be developed. The students get a good conceptual grounding in computer usage and its practical business applications.
Pass in Class XII (any discipline)
Students awaiting results are also eligible to apply.
Program Structure :
The BCA Program is organized into 6 semesters in 3 years. There are 30 courses including soft skills. Students are additionally required to do two summer projects at the end of Year-I and Year-II respectively and an Internship in the sixth semester.
Elective Streams :
During the 5th semester, students are exposed to elective courses in their respective field of specialization. These elective courses provide an understanding of the specialized focus fields.
|BCA Program Structure|
|Year||Semester - I||Semester - II|
|I||English Language Skills - I||English Language Skills - II|
|Information Technology Trends||Fundamentals of Finance & Accounting|
|Mathematics - I||Mathematics - II|
|Probability & Statistics||Computer Organization|
|Principles of Management||Principles of Economics|
|Computer Programming - I||Computer Programming - II|
|Summer Project I|
|Year||Semester - III||Semester - IV|
|II||System Analysis & Design||Software Engineering|
|Database Management Systems||Soft Skills|
|Data Structures & Algorithms||Dot Net Technologies|
|Operations Research||Operating Systems|
|Technical Report Writing||Web Technologies|
|Object Oriented Programming||Java Programming|
|Summer Project II|
|Year||Semester - V||Semester - VI|
|III||Data Communication & Computer Networks||Internship|
|Elective - I||-|
|Elective - II||-|
|Elective - III||-|
|Elective - IV||-|
The program structure is subject to periodic review.
E Commerce, Computer Graphics, Mobile Computing & Wireless Markup Language, Data Warehousing and Data Mining, Compiler Design, Structured Query Language and Database Applications, Artificial Intelligence, Advanced Java Programming, Multimedia Systems, Intranet Administration, Network Programming, Theory of Computations, Management Information Systems, Software Testing and Quality Management, IT Project.
The Admission Modalities are with reference to the campus-based programs offered by the ICFAI University Meghalaya at Tura & Shillong campuses. The medium of instruction is English.
- Pass in Class XII (any discipline). Students awaiting final examinations results are also eligible to apply.
- Students of Class XII who have not received the original certificates from the Board by July 18th , 2022 will be admitted provisionally. Their admission will be confirmed subject to their passing the qualifying examination. The registration of the candidates not meeting the criteria by September 15th , 2022 will be cancelled and admission fee will be forfeited and only 50% of the semester fee will be refunded after notifying the cancellation of the seat by the University.
Admission Criteria :
- The selection of applicants into the Program is made through screening of application and interview. While evaluating students for admission, due weightage is given to their academic distinction, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra co-curricular activities.
- Original certificates and Domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of payment of first semester fee. The original certificates will be returned after verification.
Special Reservation :
- There shall be a special provision for admission of students belonging to the State of Meghalaya in any course of ICFAI University, Meghalaya, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) per cent of seats in each course / discipline subject to the students meeting the minimum qualifying requirements referred to above.
- Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to students belonging to Open Category.
Guidelines on how to Complete the Application Form :
The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.
Application Form :
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in Capital Letters.
- Provide all the available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
- DD for Rs. 300.
Attested Copies of Certificates :
Applicants have to enclose attested copies of the following certificates (Attestation should be done by any Gazetted Officer/Principal of the College).
- Date of Birth Certificate/Class X Certificate.
- Marksheet of Class XII/Degree certificate (as may be applicable).
- Domicile Certificate.
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities.
- Please paste your recent passport size colour photograph on the Application Form given on next page.
Submission of Application Form :
The completed Application Form for Admission along with a Demand Draft for Rs. 300 (drawn in favour of ‘The ICFAI University, Meghalaya - Fee Collection A/c’) may be submitted to:
The Admissions Officer,
The ICFAI University, Meghalaya,
Tura Campus :
Danakgre,(Near BSF Camp), PO Araimile,
Phone : 9612885981, 8014241976
E-mail : email@example.com
Website : www.iumeghalaya.edu.in
Shillong Campus :
Near Shillong Law College,
Phone : 0364-2220057, 9485158603, 8794250646
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.iumeghalaya.edu.in
Admission Fee :
Admission Fee of ₹6,000 for UG Programs is to be paid by all the selected candidates immediately after the admission decision is announced.
*Foreign students have to pay an admission fee of ₹7,000 for UG programs. The last date for payment of admission fee is June 28, 2021.
Caution Deposit (Refundable):
Students have to pay Rs. 3,000 for UG Programs as Caution Deposit along with the first installment of Program Fee. The Caution Deposit will be refunded without interest after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the Program.
Program Fee :
Students have to pay the program fee at the beginning of each semester, as per the due dates which will be indicated in the Student Handbook. The first semester fee is to be paid on or before July 20, 2021.
|Processing fee / Admission fee
(in Indian Rupees)
|FEE per annum (In Indian Rupees)|
Note : All payments should be made by way of Demand Draft in favor of "The ICFAI University, Meghalaya - Fee Collection A/c" payable at Tura / Shillong, Meghalaya.