|Particulars||B.A (English) Program|
|Last Date for Submission of Completed Application Form||June 19, 2023|
|Interview and Admission Decision||June 28, 2023|
|Last Date for payment of admission fee||July 10, 2023|
|Reporting at the ICFAI University for submission of certificates and verification by producing originals and registration||July 13 & 14, 2023|
|Payment of First Semester Fee||On or Before July 21, 2023|
|Commencement of Preparatory Classes||July 24 - 28, 2023|
|Commencement of Regular Classes||August 01, 2023|
Bachelor in Arts in English (BA English Program)
The Bachelor in Arts in English program is designed to prepare the students to understand and appreciate the English language and literature thoroughly and at the same time effectively use the language to enhance their Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing skills. The program seeks to offer the students a plethora of diverse topics covering almost each and every aspect of English language and literature. This will give a unique opportunity to the students to have a theoretical, philosophical and analytical view of English language and literature.
Pass in Class XII (any discipline)
Students awaiting results are also eligible to apply.
Program Structure :
The B.A. (English) Program is organized into 6 semesters in 3 years. There are 36 courses including Soft Skills. Students are additionally required to undertake 2 dissertations.
|B.A. (English) Program Structure|
|Year||Semester - I||Semester - II|
|I||History of English Literature - I||History of English Literature - II|
|History of English Language||Research Methodology in Literature|
|Introduction to Literary Terms||Second Language Acquisition - I|
|Introduction to Phonetics||Introduction to Rhetoric and Prosody|
|Introduction to Linguistics||Poetry - I : Middle English Period to Chaucer|
|Introduction to Language||Drama - I : Middle English Period to Chaucer|
|Summer Internship I|
|Year||Semester - III||Semester - IV|
|II||Technical Report Writing||Soft Skills|
|Creative Writing||Research Methodology in Language|
|Second Language Acquisition - II||Language and Communication|
|Poetry - II : Elizabethan to Puritan Age||Poetry - III : Restoration to Transition Period|
|Prose: Elizabethan to Puritan Age||Drama - III : Restoration to Transition Period|
|Drama - II : Elizabethan to Puritan Age||Prose and Fiction - I : Restoration to Transition Period|
|Summer Internship II|
|Year||Semester - V||Semester - VI|
|III||Teaching English Literature||Women’s Writing: World, India and its North East|
|Teaching English Language||Indian Writing in English|
|Literary Theory and Criticism - I||Literary Theory and Criticism - II|
|Poetry - IV: Romantic to Victorian Period||Poetry - V: Modern to Post Modern Period|
|Drama - IV: Romantic to Victorian Period||Drama - V: Modern to Post Modern Period|
|Prose and Fiction - II: Romantic to Victorian Period||Prose and Fiction - III: Modern to Post Modern Period|
The program structure is subject to periodic review.
The Admission Modalities are with reference to the campus-based programs offered by the ICFAI University Meghalaya at Tura & Shillong campuses. The medium of instruction is English.
- Pass in Class XII (any discipline). Students awaiting final examinations results are also eligible to apply.
- Students of Class XII who have not received the original certificates from the Board by July 18th, 2023 will be admitted provisionally. Their admission will be confirmed subject to their passing the qualifying examination. The registration of the candidates not meeting the criteria by September 15th, 2023 will be cancelled and admission fee will be forfeited and only 50% of the semester fee will be refunded after notifying the cancellation of the seat by the University.
Admission Criteria :
- The selection of applicants into the Program is made through screening of application and interview. While evaluating students for admission, due weightage is given to their academic distinction, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra co-curricular activities.
- Original certificates and Domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of payment of first semester fee. The original certificates will be returned after verification.
Special Reservation :
- There shall be a special provision for admission of students belonging to the State of Meghalaya in any course of ICFAI University, Meghalaya, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) per cent of seats in each course / discipline subject to the students meeting the minimum qualifying requirements referred to above.
- Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to students belonging to Open Category.
Guidelines on how to Complete the Application Form :
The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.
Application Form :
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in Capital Letters.
- Provide all the available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
- DD for Rs. 300.
Attested Copies of Certificates :
Applicants have to enclose attested copies of the following certificates (Attestation should be done by any Gazetted Officer/Principal of the College).
- Date of Birth Certificate/Class X Certificate.
- Marksheet of Class XII/Degree certificate (as may be applicable).
- Domicile Certificate.
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities.
- Please paste your recent passport size colour photograph on the Application Form given on next page.
Submission of Application Form :
The completed Application Form for Admission along with a Demand Draft for Rs. 300 (drawn in favour of ‘The ICFAI University, Meghalaya - Fee Collection A/c’) may be submitted to:
The Admissions Officer,
The ICFAI University, Meghalaya,
Tura Campus :
Danakgre,(Near BSF Camp), PO Araimile,
Phone : 9612885981, 8014241976
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.iumeghalaya.edu.in
Shillong Campus :
Near Shillong Law College,
Phone : 0364-2220057, 9485158603, 8794250646
E-mail : email@example.com
Website : www.iumeghalaya.edu.in
Admission Fee :
Admission Fee of ₹6,000 for UG Programs is to be paid by all the selected candidates immediately after the admission decision is announced.
*Foreign students have to pay an admission fee of ₹7,000 for UG programs. The last date for payment of admission fee is July 10, 2023.
Caution Deposit (Refundable):
Students have to pay Rs. 3,000 for UG Programs as Caution Deposit along with the first installment of Program Fee. The Caution Deposit will be refunded without interest after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the Program.
Program Fee :
Students have to pay the program fee at the beginning of each semester, as per the due dates which will be indicated in the Student Handbook. The first semester fee is to be paid on or before July 21, 2023.
|Processing fee / Admission fee
(in Indian Rupees)
|FEE per annum (In Indian Rupees)|
|6,000 + 3,000 (Caution)||6,000 + 3,000 (Caution)||7,000 + 3,000 (Caution)||48,000||60,000||72,000|
Note : All payments should be made by way of Demand Draft in favor of "The ICFAI University, Meghalaya - Fee Collection A/c" payable at Tura / Shillong, Meghalaya.