The IMCA Program
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The program Integrated Master of Computer Application (IMCA) aims to deliver a comprehensive study of the Bachelor of Computer Applications and Master of Computer Applications as one integrated program saving a student one year in attaining a Post Graduate degree. The knowledge and skills required are planning; designing and build Complex Application Software. Systems which are highly valued in all industry sectors including business, health, education and arts. The basic aim of the course is to provide to the country a steady stream of the necessary knowledge, skills and foundation for acquiring a wide range of rewarding careers into the rapidly expanding world of the Computer Science and Information Technology.Duration :
Five yearsEligibility :
Pass Class XII with aggregate 40% and above (any discipline).
Students awaiting results are also eligible to apply.
The IMCA Program is organized into 10 semesters in 5 years. There are 55 courses including Soft Skills. Students are additionally required to go through a four Summer Internships, a minor computer application project in the sixth semester and a major computer application project/thesis in the tenth semester.
|IMCA Program Structure|
|Semester I||Semester - II|
|Summer Internship I|
|Semester - III||Semester - IV|
|Summer Internship II|
|Semester - V||Semester - VI|
|Summer Internship III|
|Semester - VII||Semester - VIII|
|Summer Internship IV|
|Semester - IX||Semester - X|
Pass in Class XII with aggregate 40% and above (any discipline). Students awaiting results are also eligible to apply.
For the purpose of determining eligibility based on aggregate percentage of marks, the procedure used by the respective university in award of the degree will only be taken into consideration. All applicants should have completed a minimum of 15 years of formal schooling by July 15, 2018. Applicants who have completed their graduation on a one-time sitting basis or on a 2-year basis are not eligible for admission to the MBA / M.Com / MTTM / IMCA Programs.
Students in their final year bachelor’s degree course are also eligible to apply, provided they complete their graduation requirements including practical examinations/viva assignments before July 15, 2018. Such applicants will have to produce a certificate to that effect at the time of admission. The admission of applicants will, however, remain provisional until they produce marksheets and a degree certificate establishing their eligibility. The registration of the candidates not meeting the criteria / non-submission of graduation transcripts by September 15, 2018. will be cancelled and admission fee will be forfeited and only 50% of the semester fee will be refunded after notifying the cancellation of the seat by the University.
- The selection of applicants into the Program is made through screening of applications and interview. While evaluating students for admission, due weightage is given to their academic distinction, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra cocurricular activities.
- Original certificates and Domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of payment of first semester fee. The original certificates will be returned after verification.
- There shall be a special provision for admission of students belonging to the State of Meghalaya in any course of ICFAI University, Meghalaya, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty five) per cent of seats in each course / discipline subject to the students meeting the minimum qualifying requirements referred to above.
- Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to students belonging to Open Category.
APPLICATION MODALITIESGuidelines on how to Complete the Application Form :
The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.Application Form :
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in Capital Letters.
- Provide all the available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
- DD for Rs. 300.
Applicants have to enclose attested copies of the following certificates (Attestation should be done by any Gazetted Officer/Principal of the College).
- Date of Birth Certificate/Class X Certificate.
- Marksheet of Class XII/Degree certificate (as may be applicable).
- Domicile Certificate.
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities.
- Please paste your recent passport size colour photograph on the Application Form given on next page.
The completed Application Form for Admission along with a DD for Rs. 300 (drawn in favour of ‘The ICFAI University, Meghalaya - Fee Collection A/c’)
may be submitted to:
The Admissions Officer,
The ICFAI University, Meghalaya,
Address : Danakgre, (Near BSF Camp), P O Araimile,
Phone : 9436716440
Shillong Campus: Phawa Ville, Near Shillong Law College, Dhankheti,
Phone No: 0364-2220057, 9485158603
Admission Fee of Rs. 10,000 for PG Programs is to be paid by all the selected candidates immediately after the admission decision is announced.
*Foreign students have to pay an admission fee of Rs. 12,000 for PG Programs. The last date for payment of admission fee is June 29, 2018.
Students have to pay the program fee at the beginning of each semester, as per the due dates which will be indicated in the Student Handbook. The first semester fee is to be paid on or before July 10, 2018.Domicile :
Students from State of Meghalaya.Non-Domicile :
Students from States other than Meghalaya.
|Fee for Integrated Program|
|Programs||Fee per semester (Rs.)||Total Program Fee (Rs.)|
|IMCA||1 to 3 semesters||16,800||24,300||2,60,400||3,36,100|
|4 to 10 semesters||30,000||37,600|
|IMCA (Foreign Students)*||1 to 5 semesters||-||58,620||-|
|6 to 10 semesters||-||85,200||-||7,19,100|
All payments should be made by way of Demand Draft in favor of " The ICFAI University, Meghalaya - Fee Collection A/c " payable at Tura / Shillong, Meghalaya.
|Last Date for Submission of Completed Application Form||June 19, 2018|
|Interview and Admission Decision||June 25, 2018|
|Last Date for Payment of Admission Fee||June 29, 2018|
|Reporting at the ICFAI University for submission of Certificates and Verification by producing originals||July 03, 2018|
|Payment of First Semester Fee||July 13, 2018|
|Commencement of Preparatory Classes||July 16, 2018|
|Commencement of Regular Classes||July 23, 2018|
The program Integrated Master of Computer Application (IMCA) aims to deliver a comprehensive study of the Bachelor of Computer Applications
and Master of Computer Applications as one integrated program saving a student one year in attaining a Post Graduate degree.