The B.A. (English) Program
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Bachelor in Arts in English program is designed to prepare the students to understand and appreciate the English language and literature thoroughly and at the same time effectively use the language to enhance their Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing skills. The program seeks to offer the students a plethora of diverse topics covering almost each and every aspect of English language and literature. This will give a unique opportunity to the students to have a theoretical, philosophical and analytical view of English language and literature.Duration :
Three yearsEligibility :
Pass in Class XII (any discipline).
Students awaiting results are also eligible to apply.
The B.A. (English) Program is organized into 6 semesters in 3 years. There are 36 courses including Soft Skills. Students are additionally required to undertake 2 dissertations.
|B.A. (English) Program Structure|
|Semester I||Semester - II|
|Summer Internship I|
|Semester - III||Semester - IV|
|Summer Internship II|
|Semester - V||Semester - VI|
- Pass in Class XII (any discipline). Students awaiting final examinations results are also eligible to apply.
- Students of Class XII who have not received the original certificates from the Board by July 15, 2018 will be admitted provisionally. Their admission will be confirmed subject to their passing the qualifying examination. The registration of the candidates not meeting the criteria by September 15, 2018 will be cancelled and admission fee will be forfeited and only 50% of the semester fee will be refunded after notifying the cancellation of the seat by the University.
- The selection of applicants into the Program is made through screening of applications and interview. While evaluating students for admission, due weightage is given to their academic distinction, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra cocurricular activities.
- Original certificates and Domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of payment of first semester fee. The original certificates will be returned after verification.
- There shall be a special provision for admission of students belonging to the State of Meghalaya in any course of ICFAI University, Meghalaya, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty five) per cent of seats in each course / discipline subject to the students meeting the minimum qualifying requirements referred to above.
- Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to students belonging to Open Category.
APPLICATION MODALITIESGuidelines on how to Complete the Application Form :
The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.Application Form :
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in Capital Letters.
- Provide all the available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
- DD for Rs. 300.
Applicants have to enclose attested copies of the following certificates (Attestation should be done by any Gazetted Officer/Principal of the College).
- Date of Birth Certificate/Class X Certificate.
- Marksheet of Class XII/Degree certificate (as may be applicable).
- Domicile Certificate.
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities.
- Please paste your recent passport size colour photograph on the Application Form given on next page.
The completed Application Form for Admission along with a DD for Rs. 300 (drawn in favour of ‘The ICFAI University, Meghalaya - Fee Collection A/c’)
may be submitted to:
The Admissions Officer,
The ICFAI University, Meghalaya,
Address : Danakgre, (Near BSF Camp), P O Araimile,
Phone : 9436716440
Shillong Campus: Phawa Ville, Near Shillong Law College, Dhankheti,
Phone No: 0364-2220057, 9485158603
Admission Fee of Rs. 5,000 for UG Programs is to be paid by all the selected candidates immediately after the admission decision is announced. * Foreign students have to pay an admission fee of Rs. 6,000 for UG programs and Rs. 12,000 for PG Programs. The last date for payment of admission fee is June 29, 2018.Program Fee :
Students have to pay the program fee at the beginning of each semester, as per the due dates which will be indicated in the Student Handbook. The first semester fee is to be paid on or before July 10, 2018.Domicile :
Students from State of Meghalaya.Non-Domicile :
Students from States other than Meghalaya.
|Programs||Fee per semester (Rs.)||Total Program Fee (Rs.)|
|B.A. English (6 semesters)||6,000||8,000||10,000||36,000||48,000||60,000|
|Last Date for Submission of Completed Application Form||June 19, 2018|
|Interview and Admission Decision||June 25, 2018|
|Last Date for Payment of Admission Fee||June 29, 2018|
|Reporting at the ICFAI University for submission of Certificates and Verification by producing originals||July 03, 2018|
|Payment of First Semester Fee||July 13, 2018|
|Commencement of Preparatory Classes||July 16, 2018|
|Commencement of Regular Classes||July 23, 2018|
B.A. (English) PROGRAM
The Bachelor in Arts in English program is designed to prepare the students to understand and appreciate the English language and literature
thoroughly and at the same time effectively use the language to enhance their Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing skills.